Friday 16 January 2015

Happy Blogging Anniversary

I honestly cannot believe it’s already been a whole year since I started this blog and I also cannot believe that I've actually stuck to it, who would have thought?

So I started my blog this very day last year, as some sort of online diary to track the progress of my new year’s resolutions and from there, this thing has just grown into another extension of me, filled with memories, rants, reviews and good times. And even though I haven't got hundreds of millions of subscribers (or even 10) I still can't believe people actually read this tiny crappy bit of the internet, so, yeah, thanks.

After doing this whole blogging thing for an entire year, I wanted to jot down a few things I've noticed about the whole blogging world; I hope you can relate...Enjoy!

1. Finding your style of writing is really, bloody hard; I'm still not even completely satisfied with how I write things now. 

Damn.













2. We all make spelling/grammar mistakes...don't worry.











3. You have ALL these big ideas for future blog posts but then you realize there’s something much more important you need to do…












4. Trying to get involved with current topics is really tough and you have to be quick off the mark, because before you know it, everyone else has made the point that you wanted to make and it’s all too late...












5. Having an opinion that doesn't fit the ‘norm’ or what most other bloggers think/say is still kind of frowned upon...










6. But doing what you want and not following the pack makes this whole thing so much more enjoyable.









7. There is A LOT of bitchiness and backstabbing out there between some bloggers, just stay well clear...












8. But there are also so many genuinely lovely, odd and funny people out there, looking to reach out to chat and not just gain another view or subscriber...













9. As a blogger, selfies are so ridiculously important...













10. But let's face it, finding an amazing GIF is like finding the Holy Grail...












11. Trying to put your personality across in your blog is really hard...













12. But, please note, I'm a nutter and if I meet people in the real world who blog as well, be warned, you will receive this reaction...












13. Having any reviews, posts or photos you've created being used by a big company makes you react like this…




















Anyway.

I've written three blogs this week, which has to be some sort of miracle soooooooooooo...I'm going to buy myself something pretty...oh wait, actually...










I just want to thank everyone who takes the time to read or browse through my blog, I really, truly appreciate it. Have a bloody lovely weekend and just think, it's only 9 weeks until Spring. Wut wut.

<3
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Would love to see you react like that at the bloggers meet on Sat! :') *waves arms frantically*

    Gem x
    amilliongingerisms.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! Can you imagine?! I don't think anyone would want to speak to me!!

      It was lovely meeting you on Saturday! I hope you had a nice time!! xx

      Delete

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig