Tuesday 1 December 2015

Review // Pixi Glow Tonic



Let’s face it. This has to be one of the world’s most famous toners at the moment. Maybe it’s due to the fact that Zoella absolutely adores this stuff and mentions it within multiple monthly favourite videos OR it could be because that people can’t help but spread the good word about such a wondrous product. Whatever it was, I aimed to find out what all the hype was about.

As I walked through Carnaby Street one Sunday afternoon (I lie, it was dusk and all the shops were closing) I stumbled across Pixi By Petra flagship store with a sign outside saying ’20% OFF. TODAY ONLY’. So of course, at break neck speed, I ran inside and knew exactly which product I was going to buy.

After dishing out £14.40 for the Pixi Glow Tonic I couldn’t help but think ‘Have I just been duped? Spending nearly £15 on a toner is a big hit on the ol’ purse strings’. But I cast those fears aside and added this new fandangled beauty product to my morning and night regime.

At first, I’ll admit, I saw no difference. I half expected to become a new woman with a Beyonce face after hearing all the raving reviews from other bloggers and Zoella (Damn that Zoella!) but after a few days of use, I didn’t think this oh so wondrous product was having any effect on my skin.

However, I was not wasting £14.40, no way. So instead of giving up, I continued using the Pixi Glow tonic (TonicI love that word. It sounds very magical doesn’t it?) and decided to stop being a doubting Debbie and really look at my skin after I used it. 

The tonic states it ‘Evens and Brightens skin tone’ ‘Gently exfoliates’ whilst ’Skin texture looks & feels smoother’ and after two weeks of use day and night, I started to see a wonderful results with my skin. 

Without sounding too much like an cheesy commercial, my skin has never felt so unbelievably soft. This tonic seems to remove dirt that I can't even see, which would would explain why I've had less breakouts recently. I usually use quite harsh spot removing products like Clearasil, to help exfoliate and prevent spots but the Pixi Glow Tonic does all of that but without being super harsh on my skin. I can't say that it has helped to even out my skin tone but it has definitely helped to brighten my skin. Some may find the smell a little odd, which is quite clinical, however, I think it's quite fresh smelling and I love it. Another benefit is that Pixi by Petra does not test on animals, nor do they have any other parties, such as suppliers etc test on their behalf. Another massive bonus. 

Would I recommend the Glow Tonic to someone? Most definitely. Yes, it's a bit pricy but it's a great product, that truly works and it's a real investment. Also, I think it's always nice to support companies who don't test on animals.

Have you tried the Glow Tonic before? If so, what are your thoughts? If you haven't, is this something you'd like to try?

Thanks for stopping by!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I started using the Glow Tonic in September and I absolutely love it! It really brightens my skin and makes it look much more even. I also get very dehydrated skin in autumn/winter and this really helps to prevent my skin from getting all flaky! I can't recommend it enough!
    Patti
    Shifting Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for the late reply lovely! I'm so glad you agree! I haven't seen many other bloggers (apart from the big ones) rave about this! Such a great product! x

      Delete
  2. I love a good toner - I think they are completely underrated in skincare these days! I couldn't live without mine. I might have to give this one a go! Great review Hun! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for the late reply! I never got any notification about your comment! But I totally agree! I think people tend to forget the power of a good ol' toner! Thank you for your kind words darling! x

      Delete

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig