Tuesday 11 March 2014

Foodie Treats

Afternoon everyone, I thought I would do a quick post and share a few cheeky treat purchases I made over the last few days. I don’t know how, but slowly and surely this blog is turning into a food blog, which isn't necessarily a bad thing it just shows my priorities I guess? (priorities of a fatty).

I went to my local B&M this weekend which we all know is a treasure trove of bargains, so I didn't have to look very far to find these gems:

White Choc Dip – 32p







































B&M - Willy Wonka Millionaire Shortbread – 29p



Same bar of chocolate in Tesco - Willy Wonka Millionaire Shortbread – 45p





Jelly Beans - 89p







































Though these aren’t a branded jelly bean, I thought I’d give them a go as they were only 89p, which I’m glad I did as they were great quality and had great flavors. They're not actually sour (which is a shame, as I love anything sour) but I wasn’t disappointed as they were so unbelievably juicy. An added bonus is there are no artificial colors or flavors in them.

But this has to be the biggest bargain I saw in B&M – I love American sweets, candy, food, culture...basically everything to with the old US of A, so I knew instantly this was a great price.

B&M - Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup – White – 49p!



Same bar of chocolate in Tesco - Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup – White – £2.00!!!









These are great as extra birthday treats: My friends and family are also massive fans of these little American treats, so I like to pop them in peoples birthday bags as a little added bonus.

I then popped to Sainsbury’s and treated myself to one of my biggest weaknesses – Peanut Butter. I tend to not go for the cheap, unhealthy options, as they are usually loaded with colorings and preservatives, but instead, I try to pick out the healthier options that only ingredients are peanuts (or any other type of nut) and salt, this option inevitably costs more. 

(I know, what does it matter really when I'm buying all these naughty foods anyway!?)



I love Whole Valley crunchy peanut butter and I’ve been finishing off this massive jar for a little while. The taste and texture looks and feels like peanuts and it is delicious, but it contains palm oil, so I’ve now stopped buying it.

I’ll be honest, I’m completely unsure if there are any pro’s or con’s to ingesting palm oil but I have read that the cultivation of palm oil has devastating effects on the environment, so I do try and avoid it where I can.

If you would like to read more on the effects of palm oil cultivation, please see the below links:



So my new peanut butter love is by Meridian; I bought their Smooth Almond butter and Smooth Cashew Butter this weekend for £2 each (currently on offer in Sainsbury’s).

Both butters contain just 100% Almond and Cashew, no preservatives or colorings, just nuts. I have yet to try the Cashew butter as I’m currently finishing the Almond one off; but let me tell you, it’s delicious. I love Almonds quite a lot, so this is perfection for me. If you’re not a huge fan of almonds, do not fear it's not the strongest taste of Almonds and it has a very light texture on the palette. Though I haven’t tried this myself yet, I think it would be perfect on cakes; it’s not too sweet or salty so the taste isn’t too over powering compared to the taste of peanut butter. The Almond butter is also more like a liquid paste than a butter consistency, but regardless, it’s still yummy.

If any of you have food bargains you'd like to share, please go ahead - clearly I'll love it - I seem to love food an awful lot.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig