Monday 12 January 2015

A late goodbye to 2014

I know, I know, 

I’m so unbelievably late to this post but I've honestly been one ill lil lady recently I couldn't even face writing about diddly squat.

Anyway, I wanted to take a look back on 2014 and all the wonders and delights it had to offer me. 2014 was so far the best year I’ve ever had and I know it was because of few simple lifestyle choices I made.

I attempted to:

  • Be more positive
  • Try new things
  • Stick to my goals

Now I know these all seem like really pretentious and annoying things to suggest but they have really made a huge difference in my life. I hated watching time fly by where nothing was happening and feeling as if another year was slipping away, so it was nice to actually set goals (or resolutions) describing what I wanted to do or achieve throughout the year.

Though I didn't necessarily achieve all my goals, I definitely feel I've achieved far more in the last year than I have ever before.

So once I'm feeling top notch again and feel I can get my head around the fact that it's 2015 already, I really want to set another few resolutions I'd like to achieve throughout the year and you never know, I may actually complete them all this time round.

So anyway, here's me giving a massive send off to the wonderful and exciting year that was 2014.

My top picks of 2014:

Going to the bloody Brit awards and getting treated like a right ol’celeb

(A full blog on all the delightful happenings right here)





Heading to the Isle of Wight festival with my sister Emma and having a really chilled and wonderful time in the glorious sunshine (I may have got badly sun burnt)

(Another cheeky little blog about it here)









































Visiting and staying in sunny Liverpool for the first time ever and realizing what an incredible city it is

(Two blogs about this little trip! A hotel review here and a normal blog here)








































Enjoying an all-inclusive free stay at Champneys Tring with my mam and getting my first ever massage! <3

(And of course, a little cheeky blog about this adventure can be found here)





And of course, blogging for an entire year!


My firsts in 2014:

Trying sushi for the first time (amongst the dozens of other foods I decided to try for the first time this year)



Travelling to Liverpool for the first time

Going to Berlin for the first time

 Going to Rome with my family for the first time (a blog shortly to follow!)






Joining a gym for the first time ever!









































Things I learnt in 2014:
  • It’s better to be positive than to be a stick in the mud
  • Saying 'Yes' to more opportunities is always a good thing. Always.
  • Not being so judgmental and mean about people makes you feel good inside, who’d have thought?
  • Realizing I’m a very lucky lady and I need to stay humble
  • Keeping to a gym routine takes A LOT of dedication and hardwork
  • Sushi actually tastes amazing - although raw salmon has the texture of Satan’s armpit

There will always be low and sad times during a year but I feel I faced all of my challenges head on, learnt from them and moved on from them as best I could.

There was one huge low during 2014 that sadly couldn't of been helped or foreseen. On the December 19th my little fatman, Fattie, sadly lost his very short fight to an aggressive form of cancer, and he was sadly sent off to kitty heaven. 

You only have to look at a few of my blogs to realise I'm mad cat lady and proud of it, so I did take this event quite badly.

It was actually probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to watch; Fattie decline so suddenly and within two weeks of the initial diagnosis, the poor wee little fella was gone. Even though a few weeks have passed I still well up at the thought of him not being around and it was a really somber end to the year. Sleep tight lil prince. =^.^=









































So without ending on too much of a low (I have a knack for doing that) I am looking forward to what 2015 has to offer and all the adventures I'll get to take part it in. I've said a bitter sweet farewell to my lil man, but I still have his little brother to look after and dote on.

Even if he's a bit of a whiner.





Now to get those resolutions in place!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig