Monday 28 April 2014

Electric Run 26/04/2014

This weekend I was very happy to take part in Electric Run in London; a 5km night time run/dance/walk/sprint around Wembley Stadium.

What makes this run so special is that the course not only has music playing the entire length of the 5km, but there are neon lights everywhere, so if you have come dressed or painted in something UV, the outcome looked amazing.

There were several different ‘features’ throughout the course such as a UV tunnel, a UV blow up Battersea power station, a glow in the dark water station and a glow in the dark forest.

The atmosphere was friendly and fun and I felt completely relaxed to dance and run around the course with my friends like a mad woman.

What I thought was extra special about this run was that it was a family friendly event, so there was plenty of prams being pushed that had UV lights attached to them and looking very festive! There was parents walking with their kids who were all dressed up in neon attire, it was great to see.

I don't know what else to say really, apart from the event was so much fun, well organized and a delight to take part in. The other participants were friendly, the neon costumes and accessories looked fantastic in the UV light and the atmosphere was nothing short of merry! I would thoroughly recommend this run to anyone.

There was a type of 'rave' at the end of it with DeadMau5 playing, but I'm old and boring and I don't really enjoy raves. We stuck about for a bit and then ended up getting a Mcdonald's at like 1am...fatty's!
We were raising money for Breast Cancer Care and I think we’ve nearly hit our target with a few extra donations offline, but if you feel like donating a pound or two, follow the link below :)


I thought I'd include a few pictures of the event below. Enjoy :)











































 



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Well done! The photos look like you had an amazing time in such a great atmosphere !
    Katherine Rose | Uk Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! We had a great time. I'd thoroughly recommend it (even though it's a bit pricey!) x

      Delete

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig