Friday 31 October 2014

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

Yes, it’s that time of year again, when all those spooks and spirits come out to haunt us and we get to stuff our faces with all the left over chocolates and sweets the trick or treaters left behind! It’s my 2nd favorite time of year…it’s…

H A L L O W E E N ! ! ! ! !

(queue thunder and lightning sound effects and ghostly ‘OOOOO’ sounds)

I’ll be honest, even after a quick Google search, I’m still unsure where the roots of Halloween stem from and the history behind it, so let’s cancel the History lesson for today shall we? For me, Halloween has always been about the dressing up, the trick or treating and the big reveal at the end of the night where we showed our family what goodies we had collected.

From as far back as I can remember, my two sisters and I would rush in from school, assemble our outfits (which usually consisted of some sort of bed sheet, an ancient witch’s hat where the hair had all matted together or like every year, I’d go as a cat) and we'd set off around our neighbors houses in search for treats!

Throughout the whole of my trick or treating career, I was only tricked once. A guy (who looking back, must have been around his mid-twenties) answered the door and upon us saying ‘trick or treat’ he replied with ‘trick’ and gave my sisters and I one 2p coin between us. Ha! What a scrooge. 

Aside from that rather lame trick, the rest of my neighbors were always so generous when handing out sweets and every year we’d come back with pillow cases bursting full of sugary delights. 

Sadly, nowadays, society deems me too old to be trick or treating, so instead, I try to be one of the generous neighbors I used to have whilst growing up and always give out as much candy as I can. Last year I even dressed up in my sugar skull makeup (which you can see here) to scare the kids, however, not one little bleeder showed up! 

This year I’m still unsure what I’m going to do, but one thing I do know is, it will involve drinking and it will involve chocolate…(just like most Friday nights then?).

I thought I would include the remaining Halloween looks I’ve been attempting this year, with a few nail art looks to boot!

I hope you all have a terrifyingly amazing Halloween and I hope your memories of this holiday are as pleasant as mine.



















































































































































=^.^=
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig